Tuesday, June 30, 2009

new poll

After a horrible turn out for the June playlist poll, I hope to regain your support(and attention) with this new poll. I like to call it:


MUSICAL SHOWDOWN!!!!!!


I have assembled 16 of the most popular show tunes of all time. The songs are in the playlist if you want to refresh your memory. Which is the greatest? It is set up in rounds. In the first round there are Four groups of four songs. You can vote for one song per group. The winner of the first two groups will face each other for a place in the final as will the winners of the second pair of groups The first round ends on the 14th of July so, to quote a mayor of Chicago, "Vote Early and Often'' I have put all the songs on the playlist so you can refresh you memory on what they sound like.

Note, Some of the songs contain mild language, nothing that wouldn't be allowed in a PG movie, but be warned.



Group 1

America(From West Side Story)

Tomorrow(from Annie)

Trouble(From The Music Man)

Memory(From Cats)

Group 2

Superstar(From Jesus Christ Superstar)

The Phantom of the Opera(Guess which musical this is from)

If I Were a Rich Man(From the Fiddler on the Roof)

Any Dream will Do(From Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)

Group 3

I Could Have Danced All Night(From My Fair Lady)

Gee Officer Krumpkie(From West Side Story probable the most little known song in this poll)

Do You Hear the People Sing(From Les Miserables)

One Day More(From Les Miserables)

Group 4

Defying Gravity(From Wicked)

Do Re Mi(From The Sound of Music)

As Long as You're Mine(From Wicked)

You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two(From Oliver!)

6 comments:

rock4ever95 said...

Group 1

America

Group 2

Superstar by a nose

Group 3

Do You Hear the People sing

Group 4

Easiest for me, Defying Gravity!

Ben said...

Group 1 - Tomorrow, although I found this version rather flat.

Group 2 - Phantom of the Opera, again I did not really care for this version and If I Were a Rich Man was also vary good.

Group 3 - One Day More.

Group 4 - Pike a pocket, though Defying Gravity was also good.

Jasper said...

Group 1

Trouble

Group 2

The Phantom of the opera

Group 3

Do you hear the people sing

Group 4

You have to pick a pocket or two

Laura said...

Group 1: Tomorrow
Group 2: Any Dream Will Do
Group 3: Do you hear the people sing
Group 4: Defying Gravity.

Judith said...

Group 1: Memory
Group 2: If I were a rich man
Group 3: Do you hear the people sing?
Group 4: Defying Gravity

Anonymous said...

Group 1

Memory

Group 2

Superstar

Group 3

I could have Danced All Night

Group 4

The wrong song was picked for Oliver. "Consider Yourself" or "What is Love?" were more musically significant in this play. Just my opinion.