Saturday, June 6, 2009

Classic Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Peal

Alright, so I took a little poetic license with the term "Classic", but I really wanted to talk about this film. It is hugely popular and it is the 33rd highest grossing film of all time. Now I had high hopes for this movie, as it was hugely popular and I like both Jonny Depp and Keira Knightley.

I was not disappointed with the acting, but I thought the plot was random and all-over the place. Without Jonny Depp the movie would have bombed. I did like how the movie never took itself too seriously, and it interjected jokes into the (numerous) fight scenes. I realize that all the girls love Orlando Bloom, but he got on my nerves in the beginning, but by the end he was bearable.

So, all in all I thought it was a decent movie that everyone should see just for Jonny Depp insane portrayal of a pirate.

No comments: