Tuesday, June 23, 2009

John Mellencamp, the Philosopher

''Racism lives in the u.s.a. Get hip to what martin luther did have to say. I dont want my kids being brought up this way. Hatred to each other is not okay. Well Im not a preacher just a singer son. I can see more work to be done. Its what you do and not what you say. If you're not part of the future then get out of the way.'' Peaceful World

''People know this world is a wreck. Were sick and tired of being politically correct. I see through it now but I didnt at first. The hipocrites made it worse and worse. Lookin down their noses at what people say. These are just words and words are okay.'' Peaceful World

''There's room enough here for science to live. And there's room enough here for religion to forgive. And try to understand All the people of this land This is our country.'' Our Country

''That poverty could be just another ugly thing. And bigotry would be seen only as obscene. And the ones that run this land help the poor and common man.'' Our Country

''So be careful of those killing in Jesus' name, cause' he don't believe in killing at all.'' Walk Tall

''He said John it's just my job and I hope you understand. Hey calling it your job ol' hoss sure don't make it right'' Rain on the Scarecrow

''Oh yeah life goes on Long after the thrill of livin is gone.'' Jack and Diane

In the next installment in my lyrics and philosophy series I will post quotes from Live.

3 comments:

judith said...

posting john mellencamp from the uk??? Cool! His message is a good one.

rock4ever95 said...

John Mellencamp is touring this susmmer with Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson, three lengends all in one place, and I'm going to see them! I am so happy :)

Judith said...

We will rock out at the Durham Bull's BB Park..looking forward to it!