Saturday, June 27, 2009

Live, Religious Rockers

''Oh, now, we took it back too far, only love can save us now, all these riddles that you burn, all come running' back to you, all these rhythms that you hide only love can save us now, all these riddles that you burn. I alone love you. I alone tempt you. I alone love you. Fear is not the end of this.'' I alone

''We thought this was the promised land but the promise slipped away.'' Purifier

''Send your fire, Purify me. Send your fire lord. Purify me. Open my eyes, so I can see. Send your fire lord. Purify me'' Purifier

''Where were always free to choose. Never free enough to find. I wish something would break. Cuz were running out of time.'' Overcome

''And I am overcome, yeah. I am overcome. Holy water in my lungs. I am overcome.'' Overcome

''Heard a lot of talk about this Jesus a man of love, a man of strength. But what a man was 2000 years ago means nothing at all to me today''Operation Spirit (Note, in recent live performances the lyrics are changed from ''means nothing at all'' to ''means a h*** of a lot more to me today)

''I wanna dance with you I see a world where people live and die with grace. The karmic ocean dried up and leave no trace. I wanna dance with you.'' Dance with You

Deep in the heart of it all where the goddess finally sleeps. After eons of war and lifetimes. She smilin and free, nothin left.'' Dance with you

''The world got smaller but the bombs got bigger Holocaust on a hairpin trigger Aint no game so forget the score What are we fightin' for?'' What are we fightin for

''What will I tell my daughter? What will you tell your son? Where were all the doves? That we were nothing but a shadow, a faceless generation devoid of love? '' What are we Fightin for

''The crucifix ain't no baseball bat Tell me what kind of God is that? Ain't nothing more godless than a war So what are we fightin' for? '' What are we fighting for

''I don't need no one to tell me about heaven I look at my daughter, and I believe.I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth I can see the sunset and I perceive'' Heaven

''You don't need no friends get back your faith again you have the power to believe another dissident take back your evidence it has no power to deceive'' Heaven

For the next Music and Philosophy I will post quotes from Neil Young, but until then I wish you, from the UK, a very peaceful and happy weekend.

Dream on

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have felt for a very long time that Live's lyrics are some of the very best.

Ed's (assuming he's written most or all of the lyrics) got a very good way with words.