Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alright I'm not in the UK, I'm in Pakistan

Just kidding but that is, in a nutshell what Gov. Mark Sanford of South Carolina said earlier this week. He went missing on Thursday and his staff said that he said that he was going for a hike on the Appalachian trail. His wife went further by saying that he was ''writing something'' and ''wanted to get away from the kids.'' Funnily enough, he mentions his family in all his speeches and it was Father's Day weekend, remember that for later.

It turns out that Mark Sanford was not on the Appalachian trail, but in Argentina. Very easy to get the two mixed up. Then he comes back, calls a press conference, and admits that he is having an extramarital affair with a woman in Argentina. You can't make this stuff up! This is crazy, what the heck is up with these Governors? We have Spitzer the Jerk, Blagovich the profane thief, and now Sanford the insane.

Now I do not say that he is insane because he had an affair, I call him insane because he thought that nobody would notice. Also I think even less of him because, IT WAS FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Alright, I'm getting carried away here, but this is kind of annoying because he says what all politicians do, ''I'm cheating on my wife. I'm so sorry. I apologize to my wife and my kids. Can we all forget about it now?''

No, Governor we cannot. Your career is over. You should resign, not because it is any of our business what you do in your spare time, but because you need to focus on your family. Also, South Carolina needs a Governor who is not a liar and does not disappear to different countries on a whim.

1 comment:

Judith said...

I think these people let power go to their head and think they can do whatever they want to. Well, "your sins will find you out".