Thursday, June 11, 2009

Capitol Steps

Just today I was introduced to the comedy group called Capitol Steps. They mix political satire with song parodies in the style of "Werid" Al Yankovich. One of my favorites is called Aint no surpluse. It is sung by an actor portrayting George W. Bush. It is a paradoy of the song "Aint no sunshine". A great line in it is "Since I have become president we have seen huge growth in one area of the economy. (beat) I am talking of course of the national debt."

Some other hilariuos ones are their parody of Stairway to Heaven, Relying on Nine Eleven, about Rudy Gulianai. The parady of Mrs. Robinson, Revervand Robertson, is also great and it has the the line "Jesus does not even watch you show no no. God's ticked at you, Rev. Robertson. Heaven holds a speacial place for those who pray you'll go away." My god, that is hilarious, I got to get one of their cds.

1 comment:

judith said...

...you are welcome! Enjoy the laughs!