Friday, September 18, 2009

A rant to end all rants

Yesterday, Nancy Pelosi said that the violent rhetoric coming from the republicans could be dangerous. She said that she had seen the outcome of violent rhetoric before, in the 70s with the assassination of Harvey Milk. Minority leader John Boehner responded by saying that America was in the middle of a revolution.

Now, I feel the need to remind Rep. Boehner something. The last time Americans rebelled 1,200,000 people died, half of them civilians. Are you that arrogant, Mr Boehner? Do you think that your opinions are worth the cost of over a million lives? When you carry signs that say "Let's bury Obamacare with Kennedy" and tee-shirts that say "Civil Liberty or civil war" how long do you think it will be before some nutcase decides to bury Obamacare with Kennedy. With a gun.

I can tell you this, Rep. Boehner, if there is a revolution, I know who goes up against the wall first. I know who's door I will kick down first. Do you think history will thank you for this? Do you think history will even remember you? You have the choice to be remembered as the brave conservative who worked with the Liberal President for the good of the country. Please choose that Rep. Boehner, be remembered as a hero and not a villain.


Rant now done.

Just to clear this up, I do not want to shoot Mr. Boehner I was just making a point that the public will not thank him if he starts a revolution. I would never kick down his door and shoot him. No matter how much of an uninformed idiot he is.

5 comments:

Be Polite! said...

I blame Sarah Palin for throwing the match that has lit this hateful dialogue. When she started saying that "Obama was palling around w/ terrorists" she threw the doors wide open to all the crazies.

Then we have Russ Linbaugh adding fuel to the fire, saying "In Obama's America black kids are sitting around cheering while white kids get beat up".

I am waiting for a decent Republican, on with courage, to come forward and begin dousing these flames by stating that such comments are un-American and should not be tolerated by decent human beings!

I believe there are serious issues that serious people disagree and we should be addressing those, not being distracted by fools w/ a microphone.

Alex said...

Well my fine highly liberal friends, I simple have a few corrections and a short rebuttal.

1. I believe that the article was talking about the civil war when it mentioned the 1,200,000 deaths. The civil war had between 620,000 deaths and 700,000 deaths. Terrible things to be true. But not more than a million.

2. That was a civil war not a revolution. Lets talk about a revolution. Its not a civil war. the 1970's was sort of a revolution. A revolution is defined as: a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure. I would say that the US is in a revolution. At the very least he has all the right to say that. I would say he is right.

3. Is he arrogant? Maybe. But he didn't say the ideas are worth 1,200,000 lives. He simple said that the US is in a revolutionary state. Which it is.

rock4ever95 said...

Alex, on your first point I found that figure on the internet so I am not totally sure that it is correct, but still 600,000 deaths is still a lot.
Also, when someone says that we need a "revolution" you are implying a violent uprising. And people die in violent uprisings. So, don't you think that at someone who is a little off-his-rocker will take a gun and, I don't know, soot up a military base, shoot a congressman, or try and kill the President. Violent rhetoric is just plain silly and potentially destructive.

Alex said...

Once more I have a few small corrections and a rebuttal.

1. I have never and will never say that 600,000 deaths is not a lot. I was simple saying was correcting an incorrect fact.
2. You have taken the comment he said to the extreme. I believe the man was simple stating that The United States Of America is changing, fast. Which it is.

rock4ever95 said...

That may be what he meant, but a revolution conjures up visions of men kicking down doors with rifles, overturning tables, building barricades, and singing Les Mis.

Rep. Boehner said those comments in response to Speaker Pelosi saying that we should stop the violent rhetoric, why is that so hard? Don't say stupid things that might cause someone to get hurt. Why can't we stop?