Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rage like you have never seen it before

Ok quick background on this quote. In recent weeks four gay teenagers have killed themselves primarily due to Homophobia. So a gay rights group tried to get everyone to wear purple to show that acceptance. So the VP of an Arkansas School district took to facebook and posted a rant about how he was only going to wear purple if every gay person died. He then went on to say in his comments section.

"I like that fags can't procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other AIDS and die."

and

"Being a fag doesn't give you the right to ruin the rest of our lives. If you get easily offended by being called a fag then don't tell anyone you are a fag. Keep that **** to yourself."

He also said that he would disown any child of his who was gay. But none of them would because he had a good Christian lifestyle or something.

Ok, Now I am strongly resisting the urge to scream and rant, because I think that his comments speak for themselves but.....My God. This man talks about living a Christian lifestyle then he says things like that? What was it that Jesus said.....oh that's right "Love your Neighbor as yourself."

For those of you who are regular readers of the blog you will remember I wrote and posted a song a few weeks back called For Fred Phelps in which I referenced the Elvis Costello song Tramp the Dirt Down. If you go back in the LR archives and read it while mentally making it about this guy you have my feelings.

This man is not only a bigot and a fool but he is also dangerous. We have an epidemic of Gay suicides especially among teenagers. When a 13 year old hangs himself after years of bullying we've got a problem. When another teen shots himself in the head we've got a problem. When a Gay college student is forced out of the closet and jumps off a bridge we've got a problem. And Mr. Vice President of the School Board I am terribly sorry if their homosexuality puts you out but I think that it puts them out more. And honestly sir I think that you are a sad excuse for a human being and you should not be allowed to join the PTA yet alone the school board. Children are dying and you sit high and mighty passing judgment saying how you will only wear purple if all gay people kill themselves. Elvis Costello was right I want to live long enough to tramp the dirt down.

3 comments:

jd said...

Obviously, I concur....my question is "Is there any way for the local school board/government to "fire" him? If not, can he be impeached?

If they cannot fire him or impeach him I say they "shun" him....nobody should talk to him, acknowledge him, etc. Perhaps he will be so humiliated that he will resign and move away.

I cannot even imagine how having such a fool for a father will impact his kids.

elfarmy17 said...

*speechless*

@jd No, he sounds like the kind of guy who is extremely proud of who he is and thinks he's totally justified, so I don't think the shunning will work. He'll just say more stuff like this.
I maintain that it would be useful to have a minor in college called "Parenting." Of course, there's no way to prevent people from having kids if they don't take it, but it would be helpful to those who do, in theory. The classes would have to be generalized and would mostly focus on the parents instead of the as-of-then-non-existent kids, but...

jd said...

Just heard from the guy on Anderson Cooper...he is resigning. It was the only decent thing he could do, since his previous comments were so beyond the pale.