Friday, August 7, 2009

who's left?

I was thinking the other day about 2012 and the Republicans. I don't know who is going to run, all the main players are having lots of problems. Here is a short list.

Gov. Pailin: By resigning she has destroyed any chance that she had in 2012. She could run in 2016, but not in '12.

Gov. Sanford: Whoops I'm sorry, I was wrong. The GOP is not in trouble, Gov. Mark Sanford will certainly be their nominee. And he might even beat Obama.

Gov. Jindal: He gave a bad speech, but he could still run. His star has faded considerably.

Gov. Romney: My money would be on him at the moment. He has not had any big scandals, is not disappearing to foreign countries, or being blackmailed by his mistress's husband. He claims that his three pilars for a storng America are military, econommy, and families.

Gov. Huckabee: He is the strongest contender for Romney at the moment. And I must say I would support him over Romney. I disagree with him on almost every issue, but at least with Huckabee you know where you stand. Romney was a liberal in Massachusetts and an arch-Conservative when running for president.

It's kind of sad that the party of high morals has sunk this low. Where a new sex scandal breaks almost every day.

No comments: