Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bill Clinton, ambassador to the insane

A few days ago Bill Clinton went to North Korea and secured the release of two American Journalists who were being held in a prison. Kim Jong-Il, the insane dictator of North Korea, pardoned them. There were some rumours flying around that Obama had sent a private message to Kim Jong-Il. Obama said that he had not done anything of the sort.

I must say that I can't understand people like John Boltan who say that this was a bad move. I think that this was a great move. It has forestalled war, rescued two innocent people, and helped relations with North Korea. I also think that we should send Bill Clinton to the Middle East and let him work out peace.

Late-Night comedians are having a ball with this story. Jimmy Fallon reenacted the conversation that Obama and Clinton probably had.

Obama: Bill, I want you to go to North Korea and rescue some journalists.

Clinton: I can't, I have so many commitments.

Obama: I need you to go to a woman's prison.

Clinton: What time's my flight.

Funny stuff, but seriously Bill Clinton did a good deed and we should commend him for it.

2 comments:

judith said...

good for Bill!!!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!!!!!