Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Single Reivew: For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert

Okay, okay I admit it, I'm an Adam Lambert fan. I enjoyed his stuff on American Idol and I planned to buy his album when it comes out next month. However, when he released his first single, called Time for Miracles, I was a little disappointed. It was a very forgetful track that had very generic lyrics and sound. You can't say that about his new single.

It has very David Bowie's Fame feel and, I gotta say, it is weird as heck. To quote the very odd lyrics "Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet (bet ya thought)‘Ya fallen angel swept ya off your feet Well I’m about to turn up the heat (turn up the heat) I’m here for your entertainment"

I don't really like techno or odd lyrics, but this song is so catchy, strange, and totally irresistible I have to say this, Glam Lives Once Again!!! Adam Lambert has the potential to be the next David Bowie with all his oddness and catchiness(I think that's a word). I look forward to hearing Mr. Lambert singing a song written by P!nk in his album. I also look forward to the duet that he will have Lady Gaga. It looks to be a strange album, and I will love almost every second of it.

A few pieces of advice to Mr. Lambert before I go, the first and most important is, would it be too tough to write your own songs?!!!!! I mean seriously, all these pop stars apparently can't write their own songs, why is that? Does the ability to sing a Pop Song suddenly make them unable to write one? They don't have to be good, at least they will be "you".

4.9/5 Rock Scale 2/5 Lyrics Scale 5/5 Artist Scale.

2 comments:

d said...

Yes,I think "catchiness" is a word as well.

On the subject of song writing: I'm no pop star, but writing songs from scratch isn't the easiest thing to just sit down and do. Trust me, I've tried. Sometimes, though, you do get a sudden inspiration and write an original (not rewritten, which I AM good at)- and passable - song.

rock4ever95 said...

I write songs as well. They're not great, but if I, who have only a basic understanding of the guitar, can do it and have them not be too terrible, then surely Britney Spears or Celine Dion or any of those pop stars who are famous for singing can do it too.