Sunday, November 8, 2009

R.I.P.

I wish to offer my condolences to the families of both those who died at Fort Hood on Thursday and the family of the man who shoot them. I can only imagine what the family of the shooter are going through right now, the shock, the pain, the regret, and the constant thought of "What could I have done to prevent this". Here is the list of name of the fallen. Rest In Peace, Deus tibi benedicas.

Michael Grant Cahill, 62
Russell Seager, 51
Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19
Frederick Greene, 29
Justin DeCrow, 32 (who has a 13 year old-daughter)
Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52
Juanita Warman, 55



Michael Pearson, 21
Francheska Velez, 21 and her unborn baby
John Gaffaney, 56
Jason D. Hunt, 22
Amy Krueger, 29,
Kham Xiong, 23

I leave with the words of the great John Lennon "All we are saying is give peace a chance" and, of course, "You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will be as one."

I salute the dead and wish the wounded a speedy recovery.


As-Salamu Alaykum



1 comment:

Judith said...

The shooter survived, but what possible punishment can he receive that will alleviate the pain of those who lost loved ones? In addition, I hope this country can be mature enough to realize that this was one deranged Muslim and not let the situation impact how they view Muslims in this country