Thursday, December 16, 2010

quote meets quote

I'm bored and I saw that Elfarmy posted a long list of quotes on her blog so I decided to rip her off. Oh Snap, as they say.


It's called thieves get rich and saints get shot.
It's called God don't answer prayers a lot.
----Stephen Soundheim

he thinks too much, such men are dangerous
----William Shakspeare

I love writing but I hate starting. The page is awfully white and it says. " You may have fooled some of the people some of the time but those days are over, giftless. I'm not your agent and I'm not your mommy, I'm a white piece of paper, you wanna dance with me?" and I really, really don't. I don't want any trouble. I'll go peaceable-like.
----Aaron Sorkin

Believe in it? Hell, I've seen it!
---Mark Twain after being asked if he believed in baptism at birth

Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it.
---Oscar Wilde

One should always be a little improbable.
---Oscar Wilde

A true friend stabs you in the front
---Oscar Wilde

I have nothing to declare except my Genius.
---Oscar Wilde when asked at NY customs if he had anything to decalre

One of the requisites of sanity is to disagree with the majority of the British public.
---Oscar Wilde

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
---Oscar Wilde

I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it!
---Aaron Sorkin

Ironically, I'm the one who's high as a paper kite right now. But legitimately. I had back surgery on Tuesday. L-5/S-1, if that means anything to you. Stop talking now? You bet.
---Aaron Sorkin

Well, your side hates my side because you think we think you're stupid, and my side hates your side because we think you're stupid.
---Aaron Sorkin on the culture wars

I'm not white, Darius, I'm English.
---Aaron Sorkin

Jack: You speak English?
Zhang Tao: I speak a few words.
Jack: How many words?
Zhang Tao: All of them.
Jack: Why do you pretend you can't speak English?
Zhang Tao: It's fun.
Jack: It's fun?! [pause] Yeah. Guess it would be.
---Aaron Sorkin

Danny: Matthew, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you.
Matt: Okay.
Danny: Did you take it the wrong way?
Matt: I took it to mean you're gay and you want me.
Danny: Good.
Matt: I love you too, brother.
---Aaron Sorkin

1 comment:

elfarmy17 said...

**draws up paperwork to sue you**
**realizes your quotes were pretty good**
**rips up paperwork**