Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Which I Strongly Object To Those Islamist Trying To Take Away My Rights

So I don't know about you, but I am shocked and appalled about this whole-Mosque-at-Ground-Zero fiasco and I have decided that it is time to speak up! These people who attacked us on September 11th want to shove their religious opinions down our throats! I mean what possible reason could there be to build a Muslim Education Center in the vicinity of Ground Zero? What possible reason?!

On September 11th, 2001 we were attacked by people who hate and wish to destroy our valuable freedoms. We need to let Ground Zero stand as a monument to future generations that our freedom was challenged but we held firm. But we cannot have this monument if we allow a religious faith to build a cultural center two blocks from where our freedoms were attacked, that's like spitting on the Bill of Rights!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm tolerant, I'm open, and I'm a big fan of religious freedom as long as it doesn't involve anyone I disagree with doing anything that I don't like! I mean seriously! First we let them build an education center and then what?! They'll want to vote? They'll want to be able to be able to run for office? And then where will we be? Muslims running the Government, out goes separation between Church and State!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said!

Those of us who are rational need to remember this:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

We have to stand up and insist that people not be denied their liberties.

Meredith said...

this is uncharacteristically sounding like my grandparents

rock4ever95 said...

How?

Anonymous said...

Is this real or is this memorex?