Thursday, August 19, 2010

In which I am so freaking angry

Warning: The Following Post Contains Graphic Ranting Which May Offend members of the mild-mannered public

Alright so I'm mad. A new poll came out which says that 1/3 of Americans believe that President Obama is a Christian, down from 1/2 last year. And 1/5 of our wonderful nation think that Obama is a Muslim. A different poll has 47% for Christian and 24% for Muslim. Also 61% are opposed to the "Ground Zero" "Mosque" with 26% favoring it.

Soooooo, It is now official: We are total freaking idiots. I'm glad that's wrapped up, we can all go home. Ta-ta.

Seriously, did aliens visit the participants in that poll and steal their brains? I try very hard to be accepting of people with different beliefs and opinions than me, but this time I just can't. This is so ridicules and so crazy and so dangerous that it's time for me to stand up. We have people talking in the Senate of The United States of America about repealing the 14th Amendment! We have a law in Arizona that is blatantly racist!

We don't like Obama because he hasn't done the stuff he said he was going to so we're going to vote in a bunch of people who totally disagree with everything he's ever said. Does that Make sense? Heck no, but we're Americans, We don't think we just do!

None of this is Obama's fault. It is the Republicans who have perverted the Constitution so that you need 60 votes to pass anything in the Senate. Their new motto is "No. I don't care what the question is, my answer is no" or as James McMurtry said "A Little Bit of Hope is a Dangerous thing"

In some ways I hope that the Republicans do win back the Congress this year so every day, every freaking day I can trash them. I will desimate them and I hope the Democrats do too. They won't be able to pass a single thing. But then Fox News will say that they're being "Obstructionists who are un-American". We just can't win.

I hope, I really hope that the American people will see sense and ignore the storyline that the media is creating and vote for the people who they agree with. The people who they think will do the best job.

Here are some lyrics to get my battle against the right started. These are not some of my most sophisticated lyrics but they get my point across.

Burn The Flag

Hey yeah

hey yeah we just got into congress
hey yeah it's time to rule the nation
it's time to destroy the nation

hey yeah it's time to fill our pockets
let's forget what our founders would have wanted
let's forget about what they would have wanted

let's shove our own insane agenda
down the throat of the USA

Hey let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and torch the white house
let's get together and topple the monuments

let's get together and build big bonfire
take the constitution
and toss it on it

let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag

hey yeah we are republicans the GOP
and we don't really care about economics
unless we can't fill our pockets

let's shove our own insane agenda
down the throat of the USA

let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag

come on let's go find old Maddison
dig em up stick em' on
a pole and burn him

let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag

I am a talk show host
and I don't care what I say
I just want people to like me

let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag
let's get together and burn the flag

let's shove our own insane agenda
down the throat of the USA

let's get together and burn the flag

4 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

So I will admit that I had to google a few things in this most (like what GOP stood for), but...
They're talking about repealing the 14th amendment? REALLY?
I kind of want to see you trash them "every freaking day." That would be enjoyable and satisfying.
The funny thing is, I was actually thinking about writing a rant about the whole "Obama is a Muslim" thing. Maybe I still will.

And I like the song. Is this one of the ones you recorded the other day, or did you write it just now?

e. said...

And some people wonder why I lost faith in the majority of my culture. . .
We are supposed to live in the land of the free, and yet, as you have pointed out, we are constantly bombarded by messages telling us otherwise.
I always find it a bit funny when people blame Obama for not, in the limited amount of time he's been in office, fixing the problems that the previous administration had 4-8 years to create. Yes, he hasn't lived up to all his promises, but he is doing a better job, in my opinion, than the previous president did.

And something that really bothers me is that people complain that the government isn't doing enough to stop this or that - and then turn around and yell that the government is trying to control everything!

Good lyrics, not your best, but they do get the point across.

Anonymous said...

I am with you. It's hard to stay positive and see hope when one is dealt with so much crap from people who can't think for themselves. It is insane that Bush and the reflubicans have mucked up so much and "we", not only blame Obama for not using his magic wand and changing things INSTANTLY, but also, Clinton for mucking things up before the refoolicans came to muck it up even more.

I feel like (I think I have said this to you before) "we" have lost some oomph. Our passion. Our attitude. I wasn't a person of the 60s (I was born in 1968) but that anti-war, anti-racism, pro-feminism, pro-rights attitude that people protested during that time is GONE. We have too many (IMHO) young people who don't give a crap and worst of all, don't even know, what's going on in our country.

Meredith said...

I completely agree! We need to do something about the idiots in society and the government. And I really hope you are kidding about the 14th. But then, you almost never kid. And Arizona seemed like such a nice place when I lived there. Can we play that song at band practice?