Monday, March 22, 2010

A few news flashes

John Boehner said last night in a speech on the House Floor "Can you go home and tell your senior citizens that these cuts in Medicare will not limit their access to doctors and further weaken the program instead of strengthening it?"

He said like many others have that we have to resist Government Medicine and strengthen medicare. Now I say this with as much respect possible to those who say this, but ARE YOU ALL IDIOTS?!!!!

Medicare is in fact, gasp, Government Medicine. It is run by the God Blessed Government! It is Socialized Medicine in every way! As is Medicaid and the health care that the army has(that incidentally has been called by conservatives the best health care in the world).

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am not a huge fan of hypocrisy. And arguing against government health care by saying how great Medicare is is, wait for it, Hypocrisy!

John Boehner also said that the Republicans weren't involved enough in the process. I will simply put what I yelled at my computer screen while I watched him say it "We put you on national freaking TV! What more do you want?! You refused to negotiate!"

2 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

Yes.

Not really much more for me to say, is there?
I expect today's vlogbrother's video to be about health care, so maybe I'll have more to say once that's posted and I watch it.

JMD said...

I have no problem w/ people disagreeing w/ this bill if they would (1) identify those elements they *do* agree with and then (2) identify the elements they *disagree* with. I refuse to believe that people of good will want people to denied health care because of preexisting conditions or think it is o.k. for insurance companies to drop people while they are ill.

Is the only thing the Republicans dislike the mandatory insurance requirement? If so, then attack that element and not the entire bill.