Sunday, January 24, 2010

The LIberal Rocker awards!

It is award season so I have decided to give out awards in these categories. Here are the nominees

Worst Individual of 2009
John Edwards
Mark Sanford
Nidal Malik Hasan
John Ensign

Most Shocking Moment of 2009
Michael Jackson's Death
G.O.P. winning in Mass.
Fort Hood Shooting
Ted Kennedy's Death
Mark Sandford's affair
Palin resigning

Least Shocking Moment of 2009
John Edwards announcing that he fathered a child illegitimately
Health Care Not Passing
Racism still existing
Partisanship still existing


Best Song of 2009
21 Guns by Green Day
21st Century Breakdown By Green Day
Paparazzi by Lady Gaga
You Belong with Me by Taylor Swift
My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson

Best Talking Head of 2009
Rachel Maddow
Jon Stewart
Glenn Beck
Stephen Colbert

Worst Talking Head of 2009
Bill O'Rielly
Keith Olbermann
Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity


Best Movie of 2009
Avatar
Sherlock Holmes
Up
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Julie and Julia
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Best YA Book of 2009
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
When You Reach Me by Rebbecca Stead
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jaquline Kelly
The Rock and the River by Kekla Malgoon
My Fair Godmother by Jennette Rassilon


Worst Politician of 2009
Mark Sanford
Sarah Palin
Pres. Obama
Michelle Bachman

Best Unintentional Comedian of 2009
Sarah Palin
Glenn Beck
Mark Sanford
Rod Blagovich
Cary Prejean

5 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

I nominate Avatar for the Best Movie.
The movie/plot was nice in itself, but reading about all of the technology used to make it blew me away. The article in which I read about it is in a physical issue of Popular Science, so I'm not sure if they also have it online.

Judith said...

well, John Edwards wins worst politician and least surprising. Fort Hood was the most schocking. The Fantastic Mr. Fox was the only movie on the list I actually saw.

I wish the categories were set up in an easy to vote manner...I cannot remember all the catagories

rock4ever95 said...

The awards are not open to a popular vote. Around here we aren't big fans of democracy.

I will consider your opinions but I'm not counting your votes.

Judith said...

I knew you were a demi-god all along!
This just proves it....

Anonymous said...

I would like to add to Judith's comments that John Edwards really screwed up his integrity. And now, with the separation from his wife, I find him to be in the "shocking" category for me: to go from hero to zero. Appalling choices he made and without knowing him, I can say that I doubt he finds any of it worth the short term he had the affair...