Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seriously FoxNews.Com readers, Seriously?

Today I was working on article for the blog and I went on Foxnews.com to see if they had any information about the subject I was writing about. So I'm looking around on their politics page and I see a poll that asks the question "Which is your favorite amendment in the Bill of Rights?". I think it over a little and I decide to go for the first amendment(Freedom speech, religion, assembly, and press) so I click the little vote button and I get to see the results. Here they are:

First -- freedom of speech, press, assembly, religion 42.8% (15,167 votes)
Second -- freedom to bear arms 39.1% (13,849 votes)
Third -- no quartering of soldiers 1% (372 votes)
Fourth -- probable cause, limits to search and seizure 1% (365 votes)
Fifth -- due process, no double jeopardy, no self-incrimination 1.1% (394 votes)
Sixth -- speedy trial, ability to question accusers 0.3% (108 votes)
Seventh -- trial by jury 0.5% (168 votes)
Eighth -- no cruel punishment or excessive bail 0.3% (90 votes)
Ninth -- retain other rights not enumerated 2.5% (896 votes)
Tenth -- federalism, states rights 11.4% (4,022 votes)

So 13,849 people feel that the right to bear arms is better than the right to a speedy trial or the right to a trial by jury or the right to no cruel punishment or the right to due process or the right to have no unwarranted search a seizure. So all I have to say is Seriously FoxNews.Com readers, Seriously?

5 comments:

elfarmy17 said...

But without the right to Bare Arms, we couldn't wear T-shirts, or bathing suits, or loads of other comfortable clothes. While it wouldn't be my first choice, I can see why so many people voted for it,

Anonymous said...

seriously, what did you expect...considering the audience? I have to say the previous person who commented is very funny! I too like to "bare my arms"! lol

elfarmy17 said...

Thanks, but I really can't take the credit. My cousin came up with the joke when we were talking about this post while eating lunch. (The influence is spreading!!!)

Ben said...

Maybe we can arrange, for the 39% of fox readers who are accused with gun law violations, a slow trial by an individual (not a group of people), some unreasonably cruel punishment (I’m thinking the chair, or depending on what state they are in death by noose or firing squad), and then if they are not found guilty straight off we could make it so that they will be re-tried the day after they are proclaimed not guilty!!!

Not Very Charming said...

I do believe you have severely overestimated the people who will go to "FoxNews.com" and vote on a poll.
Also, I agree with Ben, the above poster. You win this corner of the internet, my friend.